Thursday, June 5, 2008

Why I have to be at Work at 7:45 Tomorrow UPDATE!!!

UPDATE: I got a call at 7:30 this morning saying the demo was cancelled. I don't know why yet, but it seems my whining had an effect.

You may or may not have seen/heard (Beard, I know you have), but the Secretary of the Air Force and the Air Force Chief of Staff were both forced to resign today. The way this happened was the Deputary Secretary of Defense got on a plane and flew to Wright Patterson Air Force Base, where the SecAF was this afternoon, and collected a resignation.

Who else was on WPAFB this afternoon? Why, I was! My project at work is very closely tied to the Air Force (so closely tied that they are our only customers), and we were giving a demo to some important people this afternoon. "How important were they, Aaron?" Well, they were important enough to be the Secretary of the Air Force.

I didn't meet him at all (I was a mere demo assistant, transmitting data from various areas of the parking lot so that our sweet software could show off how sweet it is), but my immediate boss did. At one point this afternoon, the sec was taken out of the meeting, and the demo ended early. We didn't know why the demo ended early until we got back to the office.

In summary, I was part of a demo being given to the Secretary of the Air Force while he was being fired. But since we didn't finish the demo, I have to come in early tomorrow to set things up and run them again. Boosh.

4 comments:

Steve said...

you...are cursed. i'd stay away from you if i had a job.

aarn said...

thank god we're in no danger of that then

Jon said...

That is hilarious. I read about it on CNN as I was leaving work. Initial reactions: oh snap.

Sec. Gates asked for their resignations supposedly over the whole nuke incident that happened back in September of last year (some nukes got "accidentally" shipped on a B-52 bomber across the continental US). Also some nuke parts got shipped to Taiwan on accident last year. Double boosh.

You should include in your demo:

"And this software will prevent nuclear weapon mishaps! Somehow??? Resign yourself to its awesomeness!"

That is all.

Steve said...

hahahaha